The history of dragons has mainly been that of a depiction of evil, with just a few exceptions. More recently, we have seen dragons portrayed as a symbol of true and unconditional loyalty, like in How to Train Your Dragon and Game of Thrones.
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is an honorary award because it stands for the loyalty you display towards your readership. Thank you, Ryane, for this award 🙂
Rules for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award:
- Display the award certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
Beauty and brains, Deniza, nominated me for the Infinity Dreams Award. She’s got so much knowledge and expertise she freely shares about health and fitness so she is highly worth checking out.
Dreamers are the kind of people that ignite passion and stir up hope in achieving the seemingly unattainable. To be an infinite dreamer is to never lose sight until the ultimate picture is realized. Dreams are ever-changing based on our growth and experiences, but they should never cease. For once hope expires, so does life.
The Infinity Dreams Award symbolizes being that breath of life that catalyzes faith in reaching new heights. Thank you, Deniza, for this humbling nomination.
Rules for the Infinity Dreams Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back.
- Post the award badge and rules.
- Tell 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and set questions for them.
With these nominations I have the opportunity to share some things about me.
11 Things About Me You May Not Have Known
- I made a vow to wait for marriage. My husband and I dated for 7 years before we married and he was a pure and patient gentleman the entire time.
- I have recently been getting into makeup and being fashionable. I am in my 30s and I never bothered with what I put on my face or how I got dressed, but I am really enjoying trying it out now.
- I have never dyed my hair and I am seriously considering doing it for the first time. The color I am adoring is Aubergine (French for eggplant); yes it’s purple.
- I don’t drink alcohol at all. I do not like the taste or smell, but the main reason I do not drink is because I saw the negative effects of it at a very young age and for me it is not worth it. I do enjoy cooking with wine though.
- I have always loved singing, and I still do, but I can’t seem to build the confidence to make something serious out of it. I can do Karaoke just for the fun of it, but I purposely play around with my voice because I do not want others to hear what I really sound like.
- Going along with singing, a friend made a CD of original songs years ago and I was featured in 2 of them. I sang and “rapped”; quotations added because I don’t know if I would call what I did rapping LOL
- When I have a disagreement with someone I may come off as strong and I do not shed a tear in front of them. But once I’m home and on my own or with my hubby I cry like a baby. I don’t like feeling angry or upset with anyone.
- I was teaching myself how to play the piano and then I started to take lessons in my early 20s. At my first recital, I was so incredibly nervous that I messed up completely and just walked off the stage. I was so embarrassed and felt like such a failure that I have not touched a piano key since. Deep inside, I still desire to play it and one day, I will start again.
- Though I have not had proper training in dance, I have a huge passion for it and I have had the pleasure in the past of choreographing dances for Quinceañeras. I also started and led a dance group in church where we did hip hop, liturgical dances, and even used small flags as props for interpretative dances.
I would like to be like this when I grow up (I actually did feel like this next to those that were about 10 years younger than me in the dance group):
- I love my real name. Yentl. Yes, from the Barbara Streisand movie.
Yentl is also Yiddish for “kind”. Unfortunately, in Spanish it is almost impossible to say and understand, hence the nickname Nena.
- This one is usually the big shocker for everyone and I do not think it should be something that is assumed or expected; I do not want to have children. I do love and enjoy being around children, but for reasons that I will not go into I do not picture myself with children of my own.
The last fact is a hard one for me to say because it hurts when I get looked at with pity or as if I am a horrible person for not wanting children. But everyone has a different view of how they will share their love with the world and live their life. I decided to expose this fact about me as a means to open up our eyes to the assumptions and expectations we often have of others and that we need to consider their happiness and what they define as the source of it.
Deniza’s Questions for the Infinity Dreams Award:
Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
My grandparents from my dad’s side; may they both rest in peace. I know that is 2 people, but I would like to know about their history. Found out from my mom recently that they both eloped and no one seems to know where their families are from.
For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
Waking up to a new day. The future is not guaranteed to anyone and the fact that I am able to rise to a new day is a huge blessing and honor for me.
What’s the best book you’ve read this year?
This year I have finished reading only 2 books so far 🙁 I would have to say it is The Fault in our Stars.
What’s your favorite song at the moment?
The song that has been playing over and over in my head, and the one that I have been singing since I saw Pitch Perfect 2, is Flashlight by Jessie J. Love her voice!
If you were to eat only one dish until you die, what would you choose?
Have you ever danced in the rain?
No, but I would like to 🙂 I have played in the rain and snorkeled in the beautiful blue waters of Bora Bora in the rain as well 🙂
As long as there is no lightning, then I am good.
What cheers you up?
Having a rest day with my loves; hubby and girls 🙂
What’s your favorite word?
Papanicolao LOL!! It is Spanish for pap smear. It is just such a funny word to me and I laugh each time I hear it 😛
Who is your hero?
If you could bring one musician back from the dead, who would it be and why?
There are so many that have passed away tragically and it is hard to pick just one. I would instead say to bring back those that have intentionally taken their lives in an effort to instill back hope and life.
What animal best represents you and why?
An animal that I have always loved is the black panther because they just look so mystical to me. But if I have to go with what animal represents me I would say the dog.
All about their pack and protecting them
Often times funny with the silly things they do
In pure bliss just by being with those they love
Willing to do whatever it takes to make the members of their pact happy
Compassionate for they seem to sense what you feel and reflect the sentiment back
A piece of heaven on Earth; Dog is God spelled backwards after all
I would not go as far as to say I am “heaven sent”, but I do strive to demonstrate the heavenly grace and love that I have experienced onto everyone I come in contact with.
Now I would like to know some interesting facts about you! The following are my nominees for both awards above:
My Questions (I will keep them easy this time):
- Read the book or watch the movie?
- A night out or a night in?
- Write on paper or type on a computer?
- A shower or a bath? (hopefully, it is at least one of them 😛 )
- Home workouts or gym?
- Soup or salad?
- Netflix or cable TV?
- Sweet or savory?
- Bungee jump or sky dive?
- Adventurous vacation or relaxing vacation?
- DISCLAIMER: The meanings of the awards are my own personal interpretation and are not meant to be taken as the original definition behind the awards, which I am not absolutely sure of myself. But feel free to take the same meaning out of them if you like.