My first blog post was in July of this year and I remember feeling apprehensive about what the whole blogging experience would be like. I experienced my first mishap with WordPress right off the bat because I scheduled my post for a particular time and it ended up posting at the wrong time.
I realized later it was my fault because I did not have my blog set to my time zone 😛
I actually didn’t realize it posted at the wrong time until I received a notification of my very first “like”. I was excited because someone actually read and liked my post! But I was also frustrated that I couldn’t make WordPress work like I wanted it to.
Blogging has been quite the adventure and I have enjoyed every moment. Expressing my thoughts and sharing bits of me has helped me come out of my shell and bloom. However, I would not have been able to feel as confident and motivated to give to others if it were not for you…my readers.
The best part of blogging is the community of people out there, bloggers and non-bloggers, that support the freedom and beauty of expression.
People like Deniza, Sanjana, and Smiling Away Food Allergies that so graciously nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. They are all amazing bloggers, advocates, and encouragers that are worthy of following so I would recommend checking out their sites.
There are also people like Keshia Anderson; she follows my blog posts via Facebook and expressed her heart felt desire to nominate me for an award as well. Thank you so much, Keshia, for the humbling gesture and may you be blessed a million times over for your willingness to give 🙂
And I can’t fail to mention, Anand, better known as Vibrant, for the friendly gesture of extending another nomination for the Liebster Award over my way. He shines a bright light with his words that can remedy the darkest days so if you haven’t stopped by his blog yet, go do so.
Here are a few technical blog tips and links that have helped me find my way around WordPress and improve my blogging experience:
- How to add a photo gallery like I did in my Challenge | Photography post
- How to Reduce Your Bounce Rate
- How to add multiple pages to a post like I did in my 33 Questions post
- Pingback to alert a fellow WordPress blogger of a post you mentioned them in (I used this to notify my nominees for this post; link to a specific post on their site instead of linking to their main URL/site name)
- WordPress Smilies Commands
- How to Add a Downloadable Printable to a Blog Post
- Adding Titles and Alt Text to Images
- WordPress.com versus WordPress.org
Hope this list helps some of you like it has me 🙂
Ultimately, the key to a successful blog is being a giver like those I mentioned above. Visiting and sharing your genuine thoughts and “likes” on other blogs will result in the reciprocation of that same love back to you.
In the spirit of giving, I am going to pay forward the Liebster Award nomination to all my nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award.
The following are the rules for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Write a post and give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Let the nominees know you have nominated them and provide a link to the nomination details.
*For the rules on the Liebster Award visit Anand’s post or click on the Liebster Award image above. If you have already received either nomination previously, then feel free to use the idea of paying it forward to at least one blogger.
5) Lady CAS
14) Success Inspirer
Keep writing to inspire and be inspired!