Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Tomorrow is a day that many gather around with loved ones mainly to feast, but also to express and spread a spirit of gratitude.
The Challenge Rules
- Share this image in your blog post
- Write about 5 people in your life you are thankful for
- Write about 5 things in 2015 that you are thankful for
- Spread the love and challenge 5 other blogs to take part
I am honored to have been nominated by Steph herself and the equally inspirational and humorous La Sabrosona for the challenge and the following is my list (not in any particular order):
Five People I am Thankful For
- My husband: We have been together 7 years and married for almost a year and he has been by me through many ups and downs and supports and loves me in the midst of it all. He is the reason why I started a blog in the first place 🙂
- My parents: My mom has been both a mother and father to us as a single mother and has helped me to grow into an independent and strong woman whose identity does not depend on others.
My father, although seemingly distant and at times estranged, he has always come back to show us that he loves us and I’ve learned what dedication and unconditional love towards your family is through him.
- My siblings: I have a brother, a half-brother, a half-sister, two step sisters, and a step brother; but all are my amazing siblings. The best times I have are with them and our bond warms my heart and reminds me what a family should really be like.
- My in-laws: I have loved my in-laws before I met them simply because they are held close to my husband’s heart. But once I met them I loved them even more because they are wonderful people that support our union and value our bond of two families becoming one.
- My friends: Many have come and gone, but I do have a few that have been with me through thick and thin. I am thankful for the new and old friends I currently have for being my encouragement and backbone.
Five Things in 2015 I am Thankful For
- My wedding day: I married my best friend and we worked together on every detail of our wedding day. We started a new chapter in our lives and building a home together has been amazing to say the least.
- Our dream honeymoon: My husband and I both desired to go to Bora Bora and through our years of saving for it we made it happen and had an unforgettable time!
- Our family’s health: We can have differences sometimes, but we get through them and I am thankful that we are all alive and well and breathing.
- YOUnfolded: Starting a blog has been an indescribable experience for me and I hope to be able to continue to share all that I have planned to share with all the amazing people I have connected with thus far.
- The hardships faced: No one likes to experience hard times and a small part of me would like to not have gone through them in the first place. But in hindsight, I am sincerely grateful for the wisdom I attained, the strength I gained, and the love sustained from the hardship.
Now it is time to spread the love and I challenge the following bloggers to share what they are thankful for:
What Makes Me Amber – She is not only a fellow blogger, but as my brother’s girlfriend she has become family and a great friend 🙂
Gradeschool Brains – She is my best friend in real life
Anand – He is always spreading a positive and encouraging spirit to fellow bloggers
Ask Deniza – She has very informative posts and has a beautiful heart
Name one thing you are thankful for this year in the comments below to remind us all of the blessings that we so often take for granted.