This is by far one of the easiest and most delicious cookie recipes out there!
I don’t have a sweet tooth, but I do love me some chocolate chip cookies and the following recipe had me vow to never buy them in stores again!
I originally found the recipe on Pinterest from The View From Great Island blog and it was done with peanut butter. Since we had almond butter instead I did it with that and adapted the recipe slightly.
Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter measured with a dry ingredients measuring cup
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup of natural brown sugar packed into the measuring cup
Preheat oven to 350 F
Line parchment paper over a baking sheet (no need to add oil or butter)
Mix brown sugar, baking soda, and egg together until it is smooth
Stir in almond butter and then fold in the chocolate chips
Using a tablespoon, scoop the cookie mix and place it on the baking sheet spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart
Slightly flatten the cookies and bake for about 10 minutes or until they are golden around the edges
Cool the cookies for about 5 minutes, then you can transfer them to rack or just serve and enjoy!
- The cookies come out really soft out of the oven so make sure to not over bake them. Once they cool they firm up and are scrumptious! But they are a bit fragile while they are warm so handle carefully.
- Almond butter is made up primarily of unsaturated fatty acids AKA “the good fats” which helps with maintaining healthy cholesterol levels and in turn a healthy heart. It is best to purchase one with no sugar added.
- Raw, unprocessed cocoa beans (where chocolate comes from) are ranked among the highest antioxidant rich foods on the planet! So the darker the better!
Read more about the history of chocolate chip cookies and scope out the delicious Tollhouse recipe from my friend Amber’s blog here.
I am craving the cookies just writing about it! How about you? Think you will give them a try?