Who says jump roping is only for hardcore boxers or children in the playground?
Okay, so comparing boxers to children was horrible on my part, but the point is jump roping is an excellent exercise that can help you kick your workout game up a notch!
There are many amazing benefits to jump roping and what makes it even better is that the equipment is usually lightweight and portable allowing you to workout just about anywhere.
Jumping rope provides an intense calorie burn in just a short period of time. It is a cardiovascular exercise, which means it is great for your heart and it also tones your muscles as well.
Skipping or jumping rope also requires coordination which helps put your brain to work.
Remember that you are putting stress on your knees, ankles, and hips so it is very important to consult with a health care provider to make sure it is safe and right for you.
Also, as with all exercises, make sure to warm-up and cool-down. For additional information on jump roping click here.
Let’s skip over to our workout for this week!
I used this easy to follow workout from Pinterest that incorporated jump roping:
I needed a quick workout and found this great workout video from PopSugar:
Together with a 5-minute warm-up and cool down of my own the workout was a total of 20 minutes.
Time to stretch and give those leg muscles a break from jump roping with a recovery workout:
I found another excellent jump roping workout in Pinterest and this one had me sweating:
I did not get a chance to do the following workout myself, but I wanted to share it with all of you anyway:
Let’s jump over to the Move It Monday party! Here is how you can join the fun:
1) Link a Move It Monday related post, e-book, or giveaway via the Add Link button below. Must be fitness-related and it may include pre workout and post workout recipes, exercise tips, workout sequences, etc. Please do not link to your homepage.
2) Don’t link and run! Check out at least the 2 links listed before you and comment on their respective blogs to spread the encouragement.
3) You may link back, reblog and/or share the link to party with others every Monday to keep us all motivated and continue on the road to great health! Plus, the more you share the more exposure you get for your blog 😉
4) Party starts from the moment the Move It Monday post is up until Thursday 11:59 PM EST of that same week.
5) You may follow and/or Subscribe to YOUnfolded to be a part of the party every week:
*All links are subject to approval and may be deleted if not deemed appropriate or if rules are not followed.
Each Monday I will feature a blog, blogger, and/or post to help keep us moving!
Fabi is a down-to-earth woman who is real and transparent. She works hard to stay healthy and lose weight and freely shares what she learns along the way. The following is what she has to say:
“I’m a mom of three on a health and fitness journey and I share tips on exercise, healthy eating, and motivation that have worked for me. I hope they work for you too!”
Be sure to check out her blog and it is available in Spanish as well.
Have you jumped rope lately?
[inlinkz_linkup id=624166 mode=1]