Resistance bands, also known as exercise bands, have been a long-time favorite in our house due to their portability, easy storage, and versatility.
There are tons of exercises that can be done with resistance bands and you can modify the intensity by changing the bands accordingly.
Another added benefit is that you can buy a whole set of resistance bands at a lower cost than purchasing an entire weight set. Also, the bands weigh a lot less than carrying weights around so you can travel with them to stay on track with your fitness.
Time to put those bands to good use…
Upper body exercises with Fitness Blender:
Lower body exercises from Catherine St Pierre:
She talks you through each exercise so you are certain to do the proper movements to prevent injury.
Work the abs with The Live Fit Girls:
I honestly did not use the bands for the floor exercises because I was afraid the bands would snap back at my face if I used it as pictured. But even without the bands, these exercises really worked it!
I went for a full body workout from GymRa:
Their workouts never disappoint and this one was no exception!
Relax and stretch your muscles with Jessica Smith’s Pilates workout:
Isn’t her dog Peanut adorable?!
Let’s band together for the Move It Monday party! Here is how you can join the fun:
1) Link a Move It Monday related post, e-book, or giveaway via the Add Link button below. Must be fitness-related and it may include pre workout and post workout recipes, exercise tips, workout sequences, etc. Please do not link to your homepage.
2) Don’t link and run! Check out at least the 2 links listed before you and comment on their respective blogs to spread the encouragement.
3) You may link back, reblog and/or share the link to party with others every Monday to keep us all motivated and continue on the road to great health! Plus, the more you share the more exposure you get for your blog 😉
4) Party starts from the moment the Move It Monday post is up until Thursday 11:59 PM EST of that same week.
5) You may follow and/or Subscribe to YOUnfolded to be a part of the party every week:
*All links are subject to approval and may be deleted if not deemed appropriate or if rules are not followed.
Each Monday I will feature a blog, blogger, and/or post to help keep us moving!
We had 2 very wonderful ladies share their posts in the link party and check them out here:
Shandra mentioned she walked 33 minutes! You go, Shandra!!Deniza shared one of her great posts called The Science of Deload Week – Do less to achieve more
Thank you for joining ladies and please continue to join in on the fun and spread the word!
Have you tried resistance bands yet?