We possess the best, state-of-the art equipment for working out; our body. We mostly think of cardio exercises like walking or running, but we can perform effective strength training with our own body weight.
Push-ups, sit-ups, and squats are just a few examples of body weight exercises that can tone muscles without the use of weights.
Using our own body weight allows the flexibility to workout anywhere, significantly reduces the risk of injury when compared to using weights, and works more than just one part of the body due the balance needed from our core to perform most of the exercises.
A great trick when doing some of the exercises is to pretend as though you are using weights by tightening the muscles and moving as though there is resistance. Even without weights, you will feel the muscles working and burning.
So let’s move that body!
I rode my stationary bike for 10 minutes to warm-up and then I did the following lower body exercise:
It was funny working out to an animation, but the workout was great and I like trying new things to change it up.
For a warm-up I jump roped for 10 minutes and followed with an upper body exercise:
Don’t let the video fool you! Your arms will be burning!
I again did 10 minutes on the stationary bike and did this simple, but killer ab workout:
I went through the exercises for 10 minutes non-stop and my abs are still feeling it!
I did not get a chance to the following exercise, but I have done it in the past and it is an efficient full-body exercise:
Time for the Move It Monday party! Here is how you can join the fun:
1) Link a Move It Monday related post, e-book, or giveaway via the Add Link button below. Must be fitness-related and it may include pre workout and post workout recipes, exercise tips, workout sequences, etc. Please do not link to your homepage.
2) Don’t link and run! Check out at least the 2 links listed before you and comment on their respective blogs to spread the encouragement.
3) You may link back, reblog and/or share the link to party with others every Monday to keep us all motivated and continue on the road to great health! Plus, the more you share the more exposure you get for your blog 😉
4) Party starts from the moment the Move It Monday post is up until Thursday 11:59 PM EST of that same week.
5) You may follow and/or Subscribe to YOUnfolded to be a part of the party every week:
*All links are subject to approval and may be deleted if not deemed appropriate or if rules are not followed.
Each Monday I will feature a blog, blogger, and/or post to help keep us moving!
Be sure to check it out!
How will you move your body this week?