Many have heard the saying that abs are made in the kitchen and the whole truth is that an overall healthy and fit body is made primarily by what we eat.
However, a rock hard body comes from a solid workout routine that includes variety and is enjoyable.
With bikini season in our midst, just about everyone is working hard to look and feel fantastic in a bathing suit.
The abdominal area is one that tends to need a little extra tender loving care so I gathered together an incredible line-up of exercises to help tone and tighten the mid-section.
The following are simple movements that really work the core:
I did 3 circuits instead of 5 and it hurt to just laugh for a few days!
For an ab workout that includes weights, try this one to kick it up a notch:
Sometimes we are unable to or don’t want to exercise on the floor and, thankfully, we can still work our abs with workouts like this one:
You can also get a nice stretch and an incredible ab workout with this video:
You may not feel much while you’re doing the workout, but the soreness is insidious so don’t dismiss this video at first glance.
Let’s crunch in some time for the Move It Monday party! Here is how you can join the fun:
1) Link a Move It Monday related post, e-book, or giveaway via the Add Link button below. Must be fitness-related and it may include pre workout and post workout recipes, exercise tips, workout sequences, etc. Please do not link to your homepage.
2) Don’t link and run! Check out at least the 2 links listed before you and comment on their respective blogs to spread the encouragement.
3) You may link back, reblog and/or share the link to party with others every Monday to keep us all motivated and continue on the road to great health! Plus, the more you share the more exposure you get for your blog 😉
4) Party starts from the moment the Move It Monday post is up until Thursday 11:59 PM EST of that same week.
5) You may follow and/or Subscribe to YOUnfolded to be a part of the party every week:
*All links are subject to approval and may be deleted if not deemed appropriate or if rules are not followed.
Each Monday I will feature a blog, blogger, and/or post to help keep us moving!
The amazing beauty blogger, Elisabeth, over at Everything and Nothin’ collaborated with several other wonderful bloggers to start a community of women to inspire each other to reach and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
How are you getting bathing suit ready?