Before starting any exercise, it is extremely important to get your body warmed up and ready to reduce the risk of injury and further enhance your workout.
The length and type of warm up depends on the activity you will engage in. Usually a warm up consists of a light-moderate intensity of the types of exercises you will be doing as part of your main workout.
For example, if you are going to work on your legs, do a few leg movements to get the blood pumping and ready for more intense actions.
The average length of a warm up can be anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes, the longer times preferred for more advanced workouts.
I decided to put together a week’s worth of total body warm ups that I turn to time and time again before working out.
So, start moving to any of these before you work it!
Time for the Move It Monday party! Here is how you can join the fun:
1) Link a Move It Monday related post, e-book, or giveaway via the Add Link button below. Must be fitness-related and it may include pre workout and post workout recipes, exercise tips, workout sequences, etc. Please do not link to your homepage.
2) Don’t link and run! Check out at least the 2 links listed before you and comment on their respective blogs to spread the encouragement.
3) You may link back, reblog and/or share the link to party with others every Monday to keep us all motivated and continue on the road to great health! Plus, the more you share the more exposure you get for your blog 😉
4) Party starts from the moment the Move It Monday post is up until Thursday 11:59 PM EST of that same week.
5) You may follow and/or Subscribe to YOUnfolded to be a part of the party every week:
*All links are subject to approval and may be deleted if not deemed appropriate or if rules are not followed.
Each Monday I will feature a blog, blogger, and/or post to help keep us moving!
Elyse is a dietitian and she provided some very smart ways to spruce up leftovers to reduce food waste and maintain nutritious flavor. Check out her blog here for more great health-related tips!
Do you warm up before any physical activity? Give one of the above videos a try and share this post with others as a reminder to get warmed up before they get pumped up!
- The Move It Monday party will continue until Thursday, July 7th because I will be out of town. So have fun!!