– Little Gems USA
There are several companies that provide a portion of their profits for great causes and Little Gems USA is one of them.
Little Gems USA features a stunning collection of jewelry and gives 50% of their profits to a charity of the month. The idea is to have the immediate needs met for the protection and safety of women and children.
Currently, Little Gems USA is helping young children in Rwanda go to school. You can read some of their sweet stories on their blog here. The following is a list of wonderful things that have come as a result of purchases from Little Gems (list is directly from their website and can be found here):
- Helped protect little girls from trafficking in Chicago (Salvation Army/Anne’s House)
- Helped protect woman and girls from trafficking in India (AsOurOwn.org)
- Helped women off the streets and into a home based sewing business in Rwanda (Love Alive International)
- Sponsored 19 hours of gym time for kids in Chicago in attempt to keep them out of gangs (Beyond the Ball)
- Provided shipping for 45 Christmas gifts to impoverished children (Operation Christmas Child)
- Bought school supplies (50 boxes of crayons, 40 rulers, 36 erasers & 2 quarts of paint) for needy kids in Queens, New York (The Fashion Foundation)
- Sent 6 children to school in Rwanda, who would otherwise watch the world leave them behind (Love Alive International)
- Sponsored gifts for 19 children who have a parent incarcerated (Angel Tree).
Leslie, the founder of Little Gems USA, decided to start a company that can work towards mending and uplifting others one “little gem” at a time.
You can help someone today by purchasing from the Little Gems USA shop here. But if you don’t have the means to #sparkle4hope, like Leslie calls it, we can share the hope by spreading the word about Little Gems USA across social media.
Thank you Little Gems USA for bringing a little sparkle to our world!
If you would like to share some pay it forward ideas, stories, and inspiration and/or if you know of someone or an organization you think should be highlighted in the series feel free to contact me at YOUnfolded@gmail or on my contact page for the opportunity to be featured! This is my way of paying it forward to all of you 🙂