Probiotics are live bacteria, dubbed as “good bacteria”, and yeasts that pack an incredible digestive health and immune boosting punch!
Our gut is full of bacteria, good and bad, and when there is an imbalance of the two a number of negative symptoms and conditions can result. Approximately 70-80% of our immune tissue is located in our gut, so keeping a happy gut is crucial.
Stress, age, and antibiotics are common culprits for the reduction of the good bacteria in our belly. In a world with more processed, sterilized food products loaded with antibiotics and people constantly on-the-go we are slowly driving or health to the ground.
Probiotics can be naturally found in the following foods:
- Miso Soup
- Traditional, uncultured buttermilk
- Sourdough bread
- Some soft cheeses, such as Gouda and mozzarella
Probiotics can also be taken as a supplement in pill form for a greater boost.
Next generation Nexabiotic probiotics by Dr. Formulas provide a great range of flavorless, acid resistant vegetarian capsules for adults, children, and infants.
The adult Nexabiotic (for ages 12 and up) provides 23 probiotic strains with just 2 capsules a day. I have been taking them on an empty stomach as directed and have not experienced any side effects. In fact, I have continued with bowel regularity and feel less bloated.
Some advantages of probiotics for adults:
- Digestive Health: Studies have shown that probiotics can help treat antibiotic-associated bacteria. Research has also shown probiotics can be helpful for people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowl disease (IBD), and infectious diarrhea (caused by virus, bacteria, or parasites). Although evidence is inconclusive, many have claimed probiotics can help with Crohn’s disease.
- Urinary and Vaginal Health: Probiotics aid in maintaining a balance of vaginal microflora which aids in reducing the risk of yeast infections, urinary tract infections, and bacterial vaginosis.
- Weight Loss: Some preliminary studies have shown that probiotics can aid post weight loss surgery recipients maintain weight loss. Another study found that post partum women were able to trim their waist line with the help of probiotics.
The kids Nexabiotic provides 9 probiotic strains in two small capsules that can be easily swallowed by children with adult supervision.
Advantages of probiotics for children (including advantages for adults):
- Preventing allergies and colds: A small study of students demonstrated that probiotics helped to increase immune response.
- Skin Health: Some research has found that probiotics can aid in relieving skin conditions like eczema and acne.
The Nexabiotic for infants and toddlers provides 7 probiotic strains in two easy to empty capsules that mix easily in food and water and are flavorless.
Advantages of probiotics for infants and toddlers (including all the advantages listed above):
- Some studies have found that probiotics during the first 3 months of life can reduce episodes of colic, acid reflux, and constipation. In fact, many European physicians often prescribe probiotics to treat colic.
- There are certain conditions where probiotics may be contraindicated so always consult a physician prior to taking any supplements no matter how seemingly advantageous.
- Prebiotics are just as important as probiotics. Prebiotics feed the probiotics to make them more effective and natural food sources of prebiotics include the following, mostly in their raw form: bananas, onions, garlic, leeks, asparagus, chicory root, Jerusalem artichokes, dandelion greens, and wheat bran.
Do you have a happy gut? Try probiotics and make your belly smile🙂
This post was powered by BrandBacker in return for my honest review.