Many are saying, “Where has the year gone?!” I am one of those people and I am not sure I am ready to start a new year yet! There are goals that I still need to get started on and a To-Do list that continues to pile up. But maybe it is time to refocus and construct new plans.
I have been watching tons of home renovation projects from the HGTV network (on Netflix) and decided to renovate my own cyber space. For the next few weeks and before the year ends, I will be focusing on creating a schedule for writing content for my blog.
I have mentioned a schedule before, however this time I will be prioritizing it and making sure that I treat it as an important time slot I will work around instead of letting other things get in the way.
There are emergencies that occur that can’t be ignored and my health as well as the wellbeing of my loved ones will always come first. But I have decided to stop getting in the way of my own success by no longer giving in to fear, laziness, and lack of self-motivation.
There have been a few things going on in my life recently; some good and some not so good.
The Not So Good
- We are in the process of purchasing a new construction home and due to the time it takes to get all the finances in order and to build the home we had to renew our current lease. Unfortunately, they raised the rent even though we tried to negotiate so it’s an added expense we have to deal with.
- A dear uncle (from my husband’s side of the family) in Colombia has been in intensive care in the hospital for several weeks. He makes strides forward and then backwards so we have all been praying and hoping for a speedier recovery.
- My hubby was feeling very sick for several days and developed bad abdominal pain. We went to urgent care and then ended up in the emergency room because the doctors were suspecting appendicitis. Thankfully, it was not and we concluded it was food poisoning, but the ordeal was nerve wracking.
- I won a contest on Instagram from the spunky Tiffani over at Breakfast with Tiffani . I got 3 free meals from Blue Apron, a subscription food delivery company that provides all the quality ingredients and recipes for delicious meals you can cook at home.
Here is what we made and devoured:
- I had the honor of being featured on the Food and Baker blogger series! The couple behind the blog is awesome and supportive so check out their blog and my fun feature here.
- I also won a contest from Food and Baker, but was unable to claim the prize because I didn’t realize that it was for the UK only. Oops! LOL! It was still a great feeling to know I won.
- I am humbled by the award nominations that I continue to receive and the hellos, comments, and likes from bluddies across the globe that warm my heart 🙂 Despite my absence on the blog, the support from all of you gives me the spark I need to stay motivated.
So what is going to change on the blog? Most of the changes will be minor.
- Move It Monday posts will be shortened to Move It to stay relevant any day of the week, although the posts will continue to be published on Mondays as much as possible.
- I am working on a new logo that will make it more visually appealing and apparent that it is two words merged into one as opposed to just one cohesive word.
- The color scheme of the blog might change slightly as well as some of the design elements; possibly a new theme if needed.
- The About Page will be updated to more closely reflect the purpose behind the blog and its contents.
- I have discontinued the monthly Birchbox review posts and instead will post reviews and tutorials on products that I often reach for.
One thing that will never change is providing posts that are unique and creative to bring out the inner talents in all of us.
I have mainly been posting sponsored posts recently because of the previous commitments I made to complete them by a certain time. The products and services I promote will always be ones that I personally recommend and use myself. Also, I make sure to provide valuable tips and information within each post (sponsored or not) to stay true to myself and to you.
Renovating can be a lot of work. But much like the homeowners on HGTV, it is always a delight to see the fruits of your labor. If we’re moving towards improvement we are learning and growing in the process.
How do you plan to finish off the year?